The Student News Site of Chaparral High School

The Express

The Express

The Express

7 on 7 Football in Action

Spring Sports are amongst us and Chaparral High School joins in on the extracurricular activities as the football team introduces their 7on7 program to kick off their spring season. Every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday the football team would be lifting then conclude their session with practice on the field to prepare for the 7 on 7 season. The program has been working very hard to get themselves ready as the season starts Saturday, March 9th at Sierra Vista High School.

Even though it’s still football, 7 on 7 during the spring is a lot different than regular season which resumes in the fall. One of the biggest differences between the two sports is the pace of play. 7v7 football is a faster-paced game, as there are fewer players on the field. This means that the football is in play for a greater percentage of the time, leading to a more action-packed and high-scoring game. Additionally, the smaller number of players on each team means that there is less room for error, which can lead to a more intense and competitive game. 7v7 football focuses on several skill positions including the running backs, wide receivers, and quarterback. The smaller team size in 7v7 football also means that there is less room for error. With fewer players on the field, each player has a greater responsibility and must be more precise in their movements. This can lead to a more intense and competitive football game, as every single play can have a significant impact on the outcome. 7v7 football also differs from American football in terms of the physical demands placed on the players. American football is a contact sport, with players frequently engaging in hard hits and tackling. This makes 7v7 football an option for players who may not be interested in the physical demands of American football.

Spring is usually time for sports like volleyball, track & field, tennis, swimming, baseball/softball, and soccer. With the new addition of 7v7 added into these extracurricular activities Chaparral expands its versatility bring a whole new genre to the Spring allowing more people to get involved. The program has been blessed to have this new implementation to the season as this helps them prepare and maintain for the fall season next school year. There will be 4 weeks of 7v7 with their Debut for JV and Varsity this upcoming Saturday on March 9th, the rosters are actively being put together as players work on maintaining their GPAs so they can play, No Ds or Fs is required to participate in the spring football program, along with donating a case of water or gatorade to earn your spirit pack along with your jersey. The team has been working hard in the study hall before their practices, working on assignments to better themselves and their grades as they all look forward to competing with Chaparral Football’s 7v7 Program.

Donate to The Express

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chaparral High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.