The Student News Site of Chaparral High School

The Express

The Express

The Express

Battle of the Cupcakes

The Winners of the Cupcake Wars are Announced!!!
Angelina Carrillo, Alyssa Huotari, Katerina Hrytsenko, and Yoselyn Orellana with their award winning cupcakes.

It was an intense battle of whipped frosting and sugary delights. Last week’s cupcake wars pitted several participants from Chaparral’s Culinary II class against each other in a bake-off contest.

Groups of students created an original recipe baked their way to a championship. The winners of this year’s cupcake wars was the group consisting of; Angelina Carrillo, Yoselyn Orellana, Alyssa Huotari, and Kateryna Hrytsenko. They won with there Banana Toffee cupcake with Caramel cream cheese frosting. A statement from Ms. Sargent was “When i first looked at your cupcakes they looked good but there wasn’t much special about them but once i bit into one the frosting and the cupcake all came together and was very pleasant to eat”. earning them the win I’m happy for the winners and i cant wait to see who wins in the next one. I also heard there prize for winning will be a hand made apron from Ms. Sargent herself and i cant wait to see how they turn out.

Donate to The Express

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chaparral High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.