The Student News Site of Chaparral High School

The Express

The Express

The Express

November’s Evil Seeds

Seventeen Killers Born in November

According to Crimefeed, ¨Seventeen serial killers were born in November, compared with an average of nine for other months, out of a total of more than 100 in the study. Those born in November are most likely to believe they get a raw deal. A 2005 study found that they grow up to be the most pessimistic.¨

HENRY MCCARTY,¨BILLY THE KID¨ 1859-1881

Henry McCarty known as Billy the Kid, was an American outlaw and gunfighter of the Old West who is alleged to have killed 21 men before he was shot and killed at the age of 21.He is also known for his involvement in New Mexico’s Lincoln County War, during which he allegedly committed three murders. McCarty was orphaned at the age of 15. His first arrest was for stealing food at the age of 16 in 1875. Ten days later, he robbed a Chinese laundrymat and was arrested again, but he escaped shortly afterwards. He fled from New Mexico Territory into neighboring Arizona Territory, making himself both an outlaw and a federal fugitive. In 1877, he began to call himself “William H. Bonney”

CHARLES MANSON,1934-2017

Although Charles Manson was never convicted of actually killing anyone by his own hand, he instantly became America’s still-reigning Boogeyman Supreme following the Tate-LaBianca massacres committed by his followers in August 1969. As head of the homicidal hippie cult the Manson Family, Charlie got convicted of conspiracy to commit murder, and he was suspected in other slayings

TED BUNDY,¨THE DELIBERATE STRANGER¨ 1946-1989

Horribly prolific rapist and murderer Ted Bundy stands as one of the most infamous serial killers of all time. Charming, intelligent, and handsome, Bundy blazed a trail of torture and death all over the United States between 1974 and ’78. After years of proclaiming his innocence, Bundy finally admitted to more than 30 murders and indicated he’d reveal more if his 1989 date with the Florida electric chair could be delayed. It wasn’t. The actual total of Bundy’s victims is unknown, and may well number in the hundreds.

Donate to The Express

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chaparral High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.