Let the Cupcake Wars Begin

Yazmin Gamino-Mora, Staff Reporter

Cupcakes are flying, two freshmen are fighting, and English teacher Hannah McMurry is witnessing it all. That was one of the most memorable moments in all her years of teaching that she will always refer to as, The Cupcake War. Nonetheless, McMurry still loves being an English teacher.
“I like to try to encourage others to enjoy learning and literature,” she explained. McMurry has always felt comfortable with teaching English as she has expressed it being one of her strong points and has hopes to possibly become a professor in the future.
McMurry didn’t always dream to be a teacher at first, “I wanted to pursue fashion and law, to name a few things.”
Before beginning college, she decided to switch plans and go into secondary education which ended up being a splendid choice. In addition, whenever she was having a hard time, her go-to person would be her best friend, also known as her mother.
McMurry later graduated from Nevada State College in 2017, receiving a Bachelor’s degree in secondary education and another in English. Five years prior
she was introduced to her now-life partner whom she has been together with for nine years. Overall, McMurry is someone who truly loves doing what she does and cares about her students.