The Rise of 7v7 Football

The Rise of 7v7 Football

Football 7 on 7, known interchangeably as 7v7 football or touch football, offers a modified version of the traditional American football game. Distinguished by its absence of protective gear like pads or helmets, this variant places a premium on passing, receiving, and defending passes. Teams comprise seven players each, devoid of any offensive or defensive lines typically seen in conventional football setups. The playing field is scaled down from standard dimensions, and scoring touchdowns generally entails successfully catching a pass within the end zone.

Primarily utilized in offseason training regimens for high school and college football programs, Football 7 on 7 serves as a platform for refining passing strategies and defensive exercise in a controlled, skill-oriented environment. It caters exclusively to players possessing exceptional athletic abilities, particularly emphasizing attributes such as speed, agility, and precision.

This format extends an invitation to individuals outside the purview of traditional football programs, offering them an entry point into the sport while also serving as a showcase for elite athletes seeking to demonstrate their talents. Its flag or two-hand touch rules eschew the physicality of traditional tackling, prioritizing finesse and technique over sheer force. This deliberate shift accentuates the accessibility and inclusivity of the game, ensuring an exhilarating experience for participants of varying skill levels.

• Study Hall: There’s a study hall available from 1:15 to 2:00, located in room 135.
  • Weight Room: The weight room is open for use from 2:00 to 2:45 for strength training.
  • Field Time: From 2:45 to 3:45, players have access to the field for practice sessions.
  • Late Bus: Located on Viking Rd the bus comes at 4:00 and pull off at 4:08
  • If there are any questions or concerns, players can speak to Coach Hess in the weight room.

“7v7 is overrall an great door opener for all opportunities, like full ride scholarships, bettering your skill, and just in general a good way to help stay disciplined.” – Jayivon Hester ( Sophomore, DB/Lineback )

Donate to The Express

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chaparral High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.